Little things make a huge difference in life... cherish them, live them, love them, enjoy them...live life to the fullest

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Come back home, my dear


The sun dips lower in the sky, taking along my hope
A darkness descends, wrapping my world in its envelope
His arrival I await, at home, sitting at the threshold
Fearing the worst, trying to brave an internal cold

From the darkness emerges a darker form - an unsteady silhouette
I am not sure if I it is my imagination - it sways like a stringless puppet
I look sharply for a sign, any sign that says - no, he has been strong
My heart knows the truth, but I still hope to God - please prove me wrong

As he stumbles closer, the strong whiff is unmistakable
Oh, may be he has just had one or may be a couple
And there are his bloodshot eyes - as red as my sindhoor
The dreadful proof that he had, again, surrendered to the lure

I could just push him off a cliff right now, give him so much pain
I could rip his face apart, beat him black and blue with a cane
I could slap him, cry out to him, scold and cuss
For letting this happen to him, to me, and to us

I stare at him maliciously, witnessing his blood red eyes drooping with shame
For letting his demons get him again, for letting the evil liquid win the game
I weep silent tears aware of his silent cry for help, for understanding and for care
For good or for bad, I am with him and this fight against his addiction, we both share


No comments:

Post a Comment