Little things make a huge difference in life... cherish them, live them, love them, enjoy them...live life to the fullest

Friday, June 20, 2008

MEMORIES FROM THE PAST...

It was almost about ten years back, that I had seen the last of him.The memory still remains fresh in my mind.
The picture of the unmistakable expression of grief on his face was etched on my mind. It was a heart-breaking sight for me, continually blurred by the tears welling up in my eyes-it was equally hard for me, or probably, harder.
I had always dreamt of a beautiful life with him- the man who adored me and whom I adored. My dream never turned into reality. Life moved on and so did I.
Do I still love him? May be not. But, in some corner of my heart, underneath the memoirs I had been compiling during all these years are the memories I had shared with him...spent with him...
Gone were those days when I had spent almost every second either with him or his thoughts. Walking the beaches at evenings, dancing with him under the moon...these things seemed to have occurred just yesterday.
Do I love him? May be not. But still, I hold a special place for him in my heart. He would remain there always, as long as I'm alive.
Though fate had tore us apart, it cant take away from me his memories...not fate, not God, not anyone.
My eyes suddenly turned moist. I was crying???!!!
I felt a tugging at my dress and was instantly drawn from my thoughts about the past into the present, the reality. I smiled at my only child, as I lifted it up and walked away leaving the fragrances of the reminiscences from my past...

No comments:

Post a Comment